SAS is committed to providing an highly trained team of employees to safely execute the needs of the client. With the proper training and communication we will achieve an incident/accident free work environment.
Our Safety Technicians Are the Total Package
Capabilities (including, but not limited to):
- Turnaround safety planning
- Writing confined space plans
- Developing LOTO and blinding plans/procedures
- Writing and issuing safety plans for high-risk work
- Atmospheric monitoring
- Daily field auditing of personnel and equipment
- Conducting safety meetings
- Investigating all accidents, incidents and near-misses
- Managing injury cases
- Training contractors on safety plans
- Permit Writing
Management and Project Execution:
- Dedicated Manager of Field Safety Services who monitors all current and upcoming projects and actively communicates with employees and customers to ensure that projects are executed safely and proficiently
- Client and project specific training requirements and credentials vary greatly from location-to-location. Our Management ensures that the Safety Technicians are selected to meet the specific requirements and demands of the client and project
- Customized Permit Writer Program – Permit Writers are carefully selected based on their credentials and their prior experience writing permits. Additionally, all Permit Writers must successfully complete our comprehensive Permit Writer course which includes:
- Process Safety Management
- Confined Space Entry
- Electrical Safety
- Record keeping and Recording
- Dangers of Hot Work
- Excavation Safety
- Customized Permit to Work course which includes: gas detection requirements, hazard identification and PPE, permits (safe work permits, hot work permits, confined space permits (permit required and non-permit required) and specialized work permits), ventilation, permit times and expirations, emergency response and permit cancellations, IDLH, Stop the Work
HR, Training and Field Execution
- Custom, web-based personnel management system designed to locate experienced employees with specific credentials and training.
- Individual HR personnel are assigned to hire/train local, qualified employees for major projects.
- Safety Attendant Training:
- Nine hours of classroom training for confined space, firewatch, PPE, fall protection, haz-com and LOTO with written tests for each section.
- Nine hours of field training with five “hands-on” training stations including: simulated confined space, live fire training, bottlewatch training, gas detection training and climbing training with graded scores at each training station.
- All classroom training and hands-on field training is site-specific oriented and includes customers permits, policies and procedures.
- SSP billing rates are more competitive than “craftsman” billing rates.
- Craftsmen are not tied up performing attendant duties; therefore production is not adversely affected.
- All attendants are hired locally, with the exception of rural plants, refineries and overseas projects, in turn limiting per diem and other expenses.
- SSP reduces the number of multiple contractor employees by having a centralized pool of trained safety attendant personnel that can be dispatched and assigned to all areas of the project, thus reducing the total man-hour costs of the project.